Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day jobs, rehearsals and touring

3 posters

Go down

Day jobs, rehearsals and touring Empty Day jobs, rehearsals and touring

Post  jambo30 Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:19 am

So am I right in saying you guys all have full time jobs outside the band?
How do you fit in your touring, can you get time off? I seem to recall reading Tim's a teacher so I'd imagine its pretty difficult for him to tour in term time

How often do you practise together, is it a weekly thing or do you do a load in a run up to a tour or when writing/recording new material? Do you practise at each others houses or do you book a rehearsal space?

Sorry for all the questions Embarassed , I'm just curious as to how bands who are touring and have a following do stuff like rehearsals etc.

jambo30

Back to top Go down

Day jobs, rehearsals and touring Empty yooo

Post  Tim TTNG Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:30 am

Hi, thanks for asking us about this - I always wondered this about bands before I was in one too.

Yeah we all work as well but have managed to focus on getting pretty flexible jobs - I work as a supply teacher now so I can just tell schools in my area if I'm not going to be around. Chris does some freelance work (I also do a little now and then) and Henry works in London at the moment at a small cinema where the hours are also fairly flexible if he gives them some notice.

As of now, we tend to rehearse just before a tour is coming up as we're pretty spread out geographically. I think Henry might be moving out of London but no idea where to yet (hopefully nearer to Chris and I!!). We used to hire rehearsal space back in Oxford before we moved but now we're planning to practice both in our garage just with headphones etc and also in a small pub in our village where we can crank up a bit : ) - nothing special

Thanks for the message J-A-M-B-O

Tim TTNG

Back to top Go down

Day jobs, rehearsals and touring Empty Re: Day jobs, rehearsals and touring

Post  ZaRiF215 Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 am

Tim TTNG wrote: We used to hire rehearsal space back in Oxford before we moved but now we're planning to practice both in our garage just with headphones

Juuuuust wondering, which practise space did you guys use?

I'm looking for one in or near the city centre in Oxford to use!

ZaRiF215

Back to top Go down

Post  jambo30 Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:52 am

Thanks very much for the reply Tim, very informative!

Also, when is the ASA video due? Out of curiosity, what made you choose to have it filmed in Winchester, what with being mostly in Oxford and all?

jambo30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum