Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Comfortable in Alt. Tunings

2 posters

Go down

Getting Comfortable in Alt. Tunings Empty Getting Comfortable in Alt. Tunings

Post  Frostbyte Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Other than practice, what are some ways to get comfortable in new tunings?

I've been looking at tabs from your songs without music, learning a few tricks and improving on that basic knowledge and trying to branch from there, but I feel like there could be a more productive technique Smile

Thanks!
Frostbyte
Frostbyte

http://frostbyte1.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Getting Comfortable in Alt. Tunings Empty Re: Getting Comfortable in Alt. Tunings

Post  Tim TTNG Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi, I think way to get really comfortable with a tuning (or determine if it's not for you) is to just spend some time playing around with it. Don't think there's any particular method unless you really want to get into the theory behind it and see how the intervals have changed from standard. From there I'm sure you'd work out which scales work within the tuning, but I'm not really into theory personally!

Tim TTNG

Back to top Go down

Getting Comfortable in Alt. Tunings Empty Re: Getting Comfortable in Alt. Tunings

Post  Frostbyte Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Hmm, that makes sense Smile it is a lot of work getting used to them haha. I'm having a good time though!

Do you usually play in terms of scales or do you just doodle around till you find something cool?
Frostbyte
Frostbyte

http://frostbyte1.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim TTNG Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Yeah it can take a while to get into it and sometimes its frustrating if you just can't get happy with a tuning. Usually I just doodle around until I find some nice chord shapes Smile

Tim TTNG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down