Pedals anyone??

Go down

Pedals anyone??

Post  amomentsornament on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm a huge amp/pedal guy, so I thought I'd make my first thread for pedal discussion :3

This is my current live board! It runs like thisss:

Line 6 FM4 > Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter (expression controlled) > Boss PS-6 Harmonist (expression controlled) > Boss PS-3 Pitch Shifter/Delay > Eventide Pitch Factor > Tuner > EHX Cathedral > Boss DD-20 Giga Delay > Lehle P-Split (Not Pictured)

What sortof pedals do you guys have? How do you use them? Share pics!
amomentsornament

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Re: Pedals anyone??

Post  Tim TTNG on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Hey, nice pedal board!

We tend to use pedals pretty rarely; usually just tuners! I'm using a little bit of delay Boss DD3 now and then and a loop pedal for a couple of bits live but apart from that it's pretty much clean channel on my Engl. Simple : ) I won't put any pictures up as your pedal board already dwarfs my meagre set up!

Tim TTNG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Tim TTNG wrote:Hey, nice pedal board!

We tend to use pedals pretty rarely; usually just tuners! I'm using a little bit of delay Boss DD3 now and then and a loop pedal for a couple of bits live but apart from that it's pretty much clean channel on my Engl. Simple : ) I won't put any pictures up as your pedal board already dwarfs my meagre set up!

Thanks! Hey tuners are an understated pedal! I'm always shocked by the number of bands I see without them. Which loop pedal, just an RC-2/RC-3 perhaps?
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim TTNG on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 pm

True dat! Henry is particularly into precision especially with tunings, we were thinking of getting hold of some strobe tuners, any views on them? Yeah, just an RC-2 as its small and simple and does just what I need : )

Tim TTNG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 am

Tim TTNG wrote:True dat! Henry is particularly into precision especially with tunings, we were thinking of getting hold of some strobe tuners, any views on them? Yeah, just an RC-2 as its small and simple and does just what I need : )

I've never tried one in pedal form, but a rack mounted one I used once was very accurate. I've never had an issue with my TU-2 though, so I haven't explored stroboscopes much. study
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 am

amomentsornament wrote:
Tim TTNG wrote:True dat! Henry is particularly into precision especially with tunings, we were thinking of getting hold of some strobe tuners, any views on them? Yeah, just an RC-2 as its small and simple and does just what I need : )

I've never tried one in pedal form, but a rack mounted one I used once was very accurate. I've never had an issue with my TU-2 though, so I haven't explored stroboscopes much. study

Glad to hear both the RC-2 and TU-2 hold up well enough. Just about to start using both pretty soon.

No pics right now, but I've just been using a DS-1 and Fender Starcaster Chorus. Picked up the chorus pedal on sale for about $15 (a bit less than £10). Not a bad sounding chorus. Definitely a very creamy chorus. Not as subtle as an EHX Small Clone.

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 am

milklizard wrote:
Glad to hear both the RC-2 and TU-2 hold up well enough. Just about to start using both pretty soon.

milklizard are you a Dillinger fan?
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 am

amomentsornament wrote:
milklizard wrote:

Definitely am. How could you tell? geek

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 am

milklizard wrote:
amomentsornament wrote:
milklizard wrote:

Definitely am. How could you tell? geek

Very nice! So you've got distortion and chorus, and you're planning to get a tuner and looper. Any other pedals you were looking at?
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 am

amomentsornament wrote:
Very nice! So you've got distortion and chorus, and you're planning to get a tuner and looper. Any other pedals you were looking at?

My next would be reverb. Interested in the Fender Deluxe Reverb that Boss makes. Any experience with it or others?

Other than that, I'd be getting a delay and that's about it for now. How's the PS-3 you're using?

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 am

milklizard wrote:
amomentsornament wrote:

My next would be reverb. Interested in the Fender Deluxe Reverb that Boss makes. Any experience with it or others?

Other than that, I'd be getting a delay and that's about it for now. How's the PS-3 you're using?

Ah yeah, that's a solid pedal, does a great job of recreating vintage spring verb. To be honest though I'm a bigger fan of the EHX Holy Grail reverb (the Cathedral on my board has the Grail sound built in), you should try it out if you haven't yet!

The PS-3 is an interesting delay, I wouldn't use it for conventional sounds. It's unique because it actually delays in progressively pitch bent notes (basically each delayed note gets higher/lower as it echoes) usually in a not-so-musical way. I use it for glitch sounds and transitions.

If you're looking for a solid standard delay, try out the DD-3 or MXR's Carbon Copy! Very Happy
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:39 am

amomentsornament wrote:
milklizard wrote:My next would be reverb. Interested in the Fender Deluxe Reverb that Boss makes. Any experience with it or others?

Ah yeah, that's a solid pedal, does a great job of recreating vintage spring verb. To be honest though I'm a bigger fan of the EHX Holy Grail reverb (the Cathedral on my board has the Grail sound built in), you should try it out if you haven't yet!

The PS-3 is an interesting delay, I wouldn't use it for conventional sounds. It's unique because it actually delays in progressively pitch bent notes (basically each delayed note gets higher/lower as it echoes) usually in a not-so-musical way. I use it for glitch sounds and transitions.

If you're looking for a solid standard delay, try out the DD-3 or MXR's Carbon Copy! Very Happy

I'll definitely check it out. I really love the sound of the Fender Deluxe though. And the PS-3 sounds like something I could have some fun with.

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:49 am

milklizard wrote:I'll definitely check it out. I really love the sound of the Fender Deluxe though. And the PS-3 sounds like something I could have some fun with.

Well I'll always advise to go with what you love! Beauty's in the ear of the beholder after all Very Happy

The PS-3 will definitely keep you entertained if you're into really messed up sounding delays haha.
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 am

amomentsornament wrote:Well I'll always advise to go with what you love! Beauty's in the ear of the beholder after all Very Happy

The PS-3 will definitely keep you entertained if you're into really messed up sounding delays haha.

Oh of course, it's just always good to try everything out. =P

That your PRS in your pic? Sport any other guitars?

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:05 am

Just for fun, a pair of custom vibrato pedals designed by an independent maker, a well kept secret ;3
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 am

milklizard wrote:
amomentsornament wrote:Well I'll always advise to go with what you love! Beauty's in the ear of the beholder after all Very Happy

Yes, it's my one and only <3 A Private Stock C24 with '59/'09s
If someone starts a guitar thread I'll post pics/specs Wink
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:14 am

amomentsornament wrote:Just for fun, a pair of custom vibrato pedals designed by an independent maker, a well kept secret ;3

=( You should share.

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:25 am

amomentsornament wrote:
milklizard wrote:

Yes, it's my one and only <3 A Private Stock C24 with '59/'09s
If someone starts a guitar thread I'll post pics/specs Wink

I'll probably do so as soon as I get my guitars back. I have two that I treasure.

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 am

This little guy is one of the earliest models of the Heaven's Gate. Designed by Devi Ever, and custom painted by a guy whose name I forgot haha. I do own this, but I don't use it live since it's more of a collector's item and is a logistics nightmare to plug up and run XD
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:38 am

milklizard wrote:
I'll probably do so as soon as I get my guitars back. I have two that I treasure.

Please do! Did you get my PM?
I'm off to band practice soon, I'll take a pic of my bassist's board to share with everyone :3
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 am

amomentsornament wrote:
milklizard wrote:

Please do! Did you get my PM?
I'm off to band practice soon, I'll take a pic of my bassist's board to share with everyone :3

UGH. Haven't had band practice in a few weeks. Schedules are tight. Jealous.

And "You have no new messages" =/ Hmmm...

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 am

One more before I jump in the car. Check out the new Strymon Timeline (designed from the old Damage Control Timeline)
www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=9QtGYGRdqms

I seriously might sell some gear and get this guy.

Last edited by amomentsornament on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:47 am; edited 2 times in total
amomentsornament

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:09 am

amomentsornament wrote:One more before I jump in the car. Check out the new Strymon Timeline (designed from the old Damage Control Timeline)
www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=9QtGYGRdqms

I seriously might sell some gear and get this guy.

Woah. That thing looks like a beast. As soon as I'm off work, I'll check out the video. XD

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down