Chris's Equipment

Go down

Chris's Equipment

Post  tuesdayninja on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:08 am

As the title says, what are you rocking on nowadays Chris? What was your first kit?
tuesdayninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris's Equipment

Post  Chris TTNG on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:17 am

Hey,

Ok so... my first kit was a blue Pearl Export (22, 12, 13, 16) which i had when i was 12 years old when i was just getting into the drums! I changed this for the red Pearl Export ELX kit when i was 16 or so as i wanted smaller sized drums, so i went with 20" bass, and 10" and 14" toms. I still have that kit now and used it on the new album we just did.

But i've just changed my setup again and am just using a 20 x 8 bass drum and a 12 x 7 Pearl Soprano, and my 14" floor tom from the red kit. I'm gonna be using 2 18" rides as hi hats mounted on a Remote Speedy hi hat stand, and a 24" Dream Bliss ride cymbal.

hope that answers your question! Smile
Chris TTNG
Admin

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/this.town.needs.guns

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:42 am

Chris TTNG wrote:Hey,

Ok so... my first kit was a blue Pearl Export (22, 12, 13, 16) which i had when i was 12 years old when i was just getting into the drums! I changed this for the red Pearl Export ELX kit when i was 16 or so as i wanted smaller sized drums, so i went with 20" bass, and 10" and 14" toms. I still have that kit now and used it on the new album we just did.

But i've just changed my setup again and am just using a 20 x 8 bass drum and a 12 x 7 Pearl Soprano, and my 14" floor tom from the red kit. I'm gonna be using 2 18" rides as hi hats mounted on a Remote Speedy hi hat stand, and a 24" Dream Bliss ride cymbal.

hope that answers your question! Smile

Is that the Japan Export series? I think I may have the same kit right now... And did you mean 20 x 18 bass drum?

Edit: I definitely did not read the cymbal sizes... 18" hi hats. O.O

Last edited by milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:43 am

I really should stop defaulting to "quote" and just use the reply at the bottom.

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris TTNG on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:28 am

haha no, i meant 20 x 8 bass drum Smile

im not sure if its the Japan series. When i bought it it was called the Export ELX i think... they've changed their range now so it doesn't exist anymore. I guess the Vision series is the closest?

haha yeah pretty big hihats - in fact they are 2 rides put together. cheers
Chris TTNG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimber on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 am

Sounds like a really functional cymbal setup, can't wait to hear it! Very Happy wowie 18" hats!? I find my 13" a little on the big side at times Razz I remeber seeing you were selling your crash because you were only using rides but I didnt realise you meant it quite like that... D:
Kimber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drumheads?

Post  dunn152 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 pm

hey
Was just wondering what kind heads you use? Also, did you use hot rods for recording a lot of the parts on 'Animals' of am I just imagining that you did?
As well, you can get 20 x 8 bass drums?!! Or you were joking above and now I look silly...

Cheers!!

dunn152

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/asinbear

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris TTNG on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey

I use Evans EC2 heads on my toms, an Evans Reverse dot on the snare, and a EQ3 on bass drum.

I only used hot rods on Panda, and i think i used brushes on crocodile, though that might be hotrods too! but yeah only 1 or 2 songs Smile

yeah you can! well, I'm having it custom made - the only one i could find which is made by a main company is with the Pearl Rhythm Traveller, and i didn't want all the extra bits that come with it.

cheers!
Chris TTNG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milklizard on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 pm

What's the sound like with them open?? o.O

And yeah, the export kit I have is a bit older than the ELX series.

milklizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down